You’ll really need to tread carefully in Microsoft Minesweeper!
The classic game is back in action in this awesome browser version. It’s a Microsoft game that only takes a few minutes to learn, but it could take a lifetime to master! Will you be able to uncover all the empty squares on the board while you attempt to avoid the hidden mines?
The Microsoft edition of this timeless game first debuted in 1990, but its roots go all the way back to the 1960s. Early versions of Minesweeper were among the world’s first video games and various different versions appeared in the decades that followed. This browser edition of the game features three different difficulty levels for beginners and experienced players alike. There's also daily challenges that will really help you improve your skills.
If you click on a hidden mine, it will explode and you’ll have to start all over. Pay close attention to the numbers on the squares as they appear. Each one will indicate how many mines a square is touching.
An indicator at the top of the screen will also help you keep track of how many explosives are scattered around the board. If you think you've located a mine, be sure to plop a flag on top of it. Any suspicious spots can also be labeled with a question mark.
How to Play Microsoft Minesweeper?
Can you master this version of the beloved strategy game? Try to uncover or mark all the squares in each level as quickly as you can without triggering any of the explosive mines.
- LEFT CLICK to uncover a square.
- RIGHT CLICK on a square to place a flag on top of it.
- RIGHT CLICK TWICE on a square to label it with a question mark.
- LEFT CLICK, HOLD, AND MOVE THE MOUSE to scroll around the board.
- USE THE MOUSE WHEEL (if available) to zoom in and out.
- PRESS BOTH MOUSE BUTTONS OR THE MOUSE WHEEL (if available) to investigate any remaining uncovered squares that are beside one or more flagged mines.
Eager to try a few more exciting online games? If so, check out one or all of these great titles!
- Microsoft Sudoku
- Microsoft: Solitaire Collection
- Battleship War
- Ludo Legend
Who Developed Microsoft Minesweeper?
Believe it or not, Microsoft Minesweeper was created by Microsoft!